"Is the Bible You Use from God or from Men?"
(June 1-4, 2010)
This 4-day seminar was recorded in eight parts with two sessions each night.
Speaker: Barry Murrell
The flow of topics covered in the seminar are as follows:
- Session 1A: The origin of the Bible message and its early transmission
- Session 1B: Early copies of the Bible and their importance in making Bibles today
- Session 2A: The need for translations of the original message and some of the early translations
- Session 2B: Some "common sense" principles of translation and how they relate to translating the Bible
- Session 3A: Why are Bibles different?
- Session 3B: Which Bible translation is "the best one"?
- Session 4A: How can we protect ourselves from being deceived by bad translation work?
- Session 4B: How can we protect ourselves from being deceived by bad translation work? (continued)